Saturday, September 3, 2011

September's Reading Theme: Anita Shreve/Book Haul from Library and Goodwill

Hello everyone, how are you?

I just got back from the library and Goodwill to pick up some books for this upcoming month.

Before I explain why I chose the Anita Shreve as my theme for September, let me continue on with the books I picked up at the library and Goodwill.

Goodwill:
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
Light On Snow by Anita Shreve

Library:
Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson
Eden Close by Anita Shreve
Fortune's Rocks by Anita Shreve
Bosy Surfing by Anita Shreve
The Raising by Laura Kasischke
Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin
These Things Hidden

So, I'm sure you've noticed the amount of Anita Shreve books I've picked up. First off, that wasn't entirely purposely. You see, I've read Testimony by her a year or so ago, and I really liked it, so whenever I come across one of her other novels, I try to pick it up. When I was at Goodwill, I came across maybe 5 or 6 of her novels, but I had to pass on most of them since I'm tight on cash, but I picked up a couple. And when I got home, I realized I completely forgot about picking a theme for September, so I figured I'll make her my theme. Sound good?

What I originally wanted to do was read Banned and/or Challenged books since this is banned books month, but I realized lots of other bloggers are doing that, so I wanted to be unique. :] Maybe in November since October is going to be creepy Stephen King type books for Halloween and I don't think I can find enough Thanksgiving books to fill up the whole month of November.

So that's what I'll be up to this month. For the next few days I'll be reading Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson because it needs to go back in a few days. So that review will be up by Wednesday maybe.

I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day weekend. I heard that Borders is having 60-80% off for the holiday weekend, so maybe you can go check that out. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment