Friday, September 2, 2011

August Favorites & September reads..

Hi, everyone.

I wanted to do a lil blog post about my favorite books I've read in August since it's the beginning of September & discuss a little what's on my reading list for this month.

Here's a list of books I read in the month of August 2011:
Escape by Barbara Delinsky
Beastly Alex Flinn
Shiver & Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause
Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright
The Girl Who Would Speak For The Dead by Paul Elwork
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Don't Breathe A Word by Jennifer McMahon

It took me a little bit to choose my top 3, but here they are.

#1. My all time favorite from this month would have to be Don't Breathe A Word by Jennifer McMahon, just because it kept me up well into the night trying to finish just one more chapter... and then maybe one more. This book was definetly without a doubt a page turner. I wrote a more in depth review if you're interested.

#2. My second choice is Shiver by Maggie Steifvater. This book was a very cute, sorta cliche, book about a human girl and werewolf who end up falling in love with each other. It's obviously a lot deeper then that, but we'll get into that at another time. I chose this because it really surprised me. I only read it because I had Linger on hold at the library, so I figured I should start the first one first. I was definetly hooked after the 2nd or 3rd chapter! Now that I've read the first and second in the trilogy, I am DYING to read the third one! It should be here in the mail soon, so once I'm done, I'll be sure to write a review.

#3. My third and final choice is Beastly by Alex Flinn. I had been wanting to read this story ever since I heard about the movie coming out since I am one of those people who HAS to read the book, if there is one, before I watch the movie. I have a really hard time reading the book after watching the movie though, for some odd reason. Anyway, back to the book. It was a really quick read. It took me maybe a day and a half to read it. But it didn't disappoint! I thought it was very, very cute and I was sad that it was so short.

So those are my favorites from the month of August. As for my reading lists for future months, I was thinking of choosing a theme of the month, and start choosing books with that theme. The problem with that is, I don't know if I'll be able to get those books because I'm on a tight budget right now. So I'm going to the library tomorrow to browse the shelves and maybe I'll find inspiration for a theme. If you have any suggestions, let me know. thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment