Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Just gettin started

Hi everyone, my name's Kandes & I recently decided to start my own blog for book reviews and IMMs and other book related stuff. I was watching Kristi at the Story Siren and got inspired by her IMM posts.

These past couple weeks I've been slowly starting my book collection again because when I was younger (I've been reading since I was about 10 or 11) I used to just give my books away because we moved around alot and there really wasn't any room for it. But I've been slowly buying a few more. So, without further ado, here are the books I've gotten over the past month or so from Wal Mart, Target and, of course, the LIBRARY!

I've never really done this before, so it might be a little scattered and messy, please excuse the messiness :] So, last friday my husband and I decided to go to the Borders closing sale and browse through the books. We found some really good ones in the Bargain Bin area. These are the ones I picked up:
Buffy The Vampire Slayer vol. 2 (bind up of Halloween Rain, Bad Bargain, and Afterimage)
Thirst No. 1 (bind up of The Last Vampire, Black Blood and Red Dice) by Christopher Pike
Thirst No. 2 (bind up of Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever) by Christopher Pike
Burnin' Up: The Jonas Bros Story (for my lil bros)
Then we went again yesterday to pick up some more awesomely cheap books and these are what I got!
Dracula The Un-Dead by Dacre Stoker
Morganville Vampires vol. 2 (bind up of Midnight Alley & Feast of Fools) by Rachel Caine
The Forest of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Mockingbird by Charles J. Shields (a really interesting biography on Harper Lee, the author of To Kill A Mockingbird)
So, in case you were wondering, I only picked up #2 of Buffy and Morganville Vampires because that's the only ones they had at the sale & all these books came out to about $2 each so I could NOT pass them up!

Now, onto Target books:
Beastly by Alex Flinn
Yeah, I only got one book from there this past month, BUT it has a cute story behind it! I'd been wanting to read this book ever since it came out, but we never had the money, or I would forget when we were at the store. So, I tried to get it at the library, but they didn't have it. So, one day when we were at Target, I was looking at the books, and couldn't find my husband anywhere! When I did find him, I guess he checked out without me, and when we got home, he handed me the book, isn't that sweet?

I also like to go to our local used book store and trade in books. These are the ones I've picked up.
The Next Accident by Lisa Gardner
Jessica's Guide To Dating On The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
I haven't been able to go as often as I'd like so I only have these 2.

I also picked up Hide by Lisa Gardner from Wal Mart last week sometime.

Now, onto the library books. There's sooo many!
Don't Breathe A Word by Jennifer McMahon (currently reading)
13 Bullets: A Vampire Tale by David Wellington
Please Look After Mom by Kyung-sook Shin
The Eternal Kiss by various authors
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (read and LOVED! I'll be doing my own review in a few minutes.)
What Is Left The Daughter by Howard Norman
Fangland by John Marks
Still Missing by Beth Gutcheon
The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
Home Improvement: The Undead Edition by various authors
And that's it for my library haul.

Also, I ordered some books from Amazon that should be coming soon!

So how did you like my IMM? Please leave comments and let me know how I can improve and whatnot. Also, let me know if you have any questions about any of these books. I'll be doing reviews on most of them if anyone is interested. So, that's what I got in my mailbox, what did you get in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment