Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Book Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White***

As promised, here is my review on Paranormalcy by Kiersten White.

First off, I wanted to let you guys know, this is part of a series (not sure what the whole series is called) and the other 2 in the series are called Supernaturally and Endlessly. Endlessy, unfortunately, won't be out in the US until 2012 sometime, but Supernaturally is available. I don't currently own Supernaturally, but I plan to very soon because I absolutely adored this book!

So, for my review, I haven't decided how I wanna rate yet, that'll come at another date. For now, I'll just do the 3 star rating.
1 star-HATE IT.
2 star-ehhhhh it's ok I suppose.
3 stars- ahhhhhhmazing!
And another lil tidbit, on the title of the posts for book reviews, I'll post the title, author, and then I'll put how many stars I rated it. (Example: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White ***)
Is that an okay way of doing things? I'm still learning, so please let me know what you think.

Anyways, as the title shows, I rated this 3 stars, because it was definetly amazing! I wasn't really sure I was going to like it because I've been kind of turned off from YA lately because sometimes it's a bit juvenile for me. But this was just a really great story! Well written, really relateable characters, funny dialogue, and of course a great love story.

I think my favorite character overall was Lish because she reminds me of some of my friends and she was just a fun character. I liked Evie, but there were a few things I didn't like. I didn't like the fact that she kind of came off snobby at the beginning of the book, but then you later find out that's just how she is.

Miss White definetly drew me into the story from the very beginning. I'm definetly excited for the 2nd and 3rd book in the series.

I'm currently reading Don't Breathe A Word by Jennifer McMahon & I'm only on page 68 so I'm not too far into it but it's pretty good so far. I'll have a review up as soon as I'm done.

I also forgot to mention in my IMM post that I also have Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt and So This Is Readin? by Tripp Underwood which is a documentary type book about the punk band The Unseen written by their bassist It's a short book with maybe 50-100 pages so I probably won't do a review on it, so let me know if you'd like me to or if you want more info. thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment